Friday, October 1, 2021

New month for me; new home for Woodstock

A fresh new month, and I'm glad of it. It was hot and humid this past week--today it's nice and cool--suitable for October.

I go condo & cat sitting today, for ten days.
I'm glad of that too.
I've been busy since my auntie Vi died Sept. 10––I wanted distractions, but I still feel crabby and impatient and I think it'll be good to have time alone with nothing to do but catch up with feelings and get bored with myself.

I took home a couple stuffed animals from my auntie's, and bink took one too--here they are sitting with my girlettes and Red Bear on Vi's stoop, waiting to go in the car.

Vi wasn't a toy person, but she kept the yellow Woodstock close all the last year--took him to the hospital even.
Woodstock is from Peanuts, but Vi called him Tweety Bird...

When I was helping store-neighbor BJ clean her apartment last week, in prep for her own adventures in hospice, I saw she had a matching stuffed Snoopy.

BJ told me she was going to give the Snoopy to one of the Somali kids who lives down the hall from her, who loves it.
I told her I'd add Woodstock, to make a pair.

I washed Woodstock and took him in to work.
This is BJ with him, yesterday. (She's had surgery to remove a brain tumor, spread from stage 4 (the worst) lung cancer.)
Vi
would be pleased Woodstock is going to a child.

3 comments:

gz said...

Good to see them going to a good home

bink said...

Sweet! I'm glad Woodstock will get to be played with and loved.

River said...

I'm glad the toys were rescued and not just thrown out. They will be happier with kids to play with and girlettes to cuddle with.