Thursday, February 18, 2021

Book Display (Unintentionally Beautiful)

 I put some oddities (Cool Old Books) on display yesterday, including an Unintentionally Beautiful dictionary (with blue post-it), wrapped in protective tape.
I wonder if it will sell... (99 cents).

BELOW: Passion flower, embossed cover

(Can you see, there's an embossed horse on the orange cover ^ )


BELOW: "The Invaders" frontispiece,
America by Hendrik Van Loon, 1933.

& dedication (for "understanding kindness bestowed upon a pretty sad word"):


More of the tape-repaired dictionary. They're like paintings...

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could come to your shop-I would probably take home far too many books! The taping is beautiful I agree. I have been looking at your recent doll inspired posts and enjoying them a lot. Your shop has my two favourite things-dolls and books, and I enjoyed seeing what the girlettes have been up to. Racer enjoyed seeing her portrait on the computer and said it made her feel famous. She came with me in my bag today to provide moral support when I got my covid jab. It was all actually quite pleasant and I am amazed to have been given it already. I then forgot to get her out of my bag to take any photos, so she is going to come out with me tomorrow just for a few pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old dictionary that my eldest had in high school, it too is held together with tape, but so far only along the top and bottom edges of the covers. I hope that one finds a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother's name was Hattie Belle Butcher (nee Anderson). I wish she'd been in my life longer...as she was uniquely kind to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hendrik Van Loon won the first-ever Newbery Medal, in 1922! Not for that book, though.

    ReplyDelete