Thursday, February 18, 2021

Doll Portrait

We don't know this doll yet.
The manufacturer marketed her as the guardian of the "Madeline" dolls, Miss Clavel, but when this particular doll arrived, she wasn't that person, any more than any of the girlettes here are Madeline.

The first thing she did was cut her hair and her long dress (a habit, I guess--though the character is a nurse, not a nun), and find something woolly to cover up in.
I think she's waiting and watching until she feels safer.

I started to love her as I water-colored her this evening. "You have all the time in the world," I said.

5 comments:

  1. She's fabulous! Very nice portrait! We must be on the same wave length. The girlettes who live here are enthralled with your painting. Maple painted today but her painting is "beginner"...Still , though she has a lot to learn, she did have an art show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine says: “Miss Clavel is hip.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. LINDA SUE: I think Maple's painting is "ADVANCED beginner"! LOL She shows great promise.

    MICHAEL: Thanks to Elaine! (And for the reminder of the correct spelling too--one "l".)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like she has been waiting for a friend for a long time, I hope soon she becomes comfortable in the presence of the girlettes and other dolls, maybe she will even begin to tell her stories, for I'm sure she has a few. Love the painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks shy but like she will feel braver soon. I love her jumper-is it a bear?

    ReplyDelete