Sunday, January 24, 2021

Were you affected...?

I did my taxes today and for the first time I noticed this question:

"Were you affected by a natural disaster...?"
(I guess they always ask this.)

Yes, I bloody well was!

But wait--look at that clause--the disaster had to be declared BEFORE February 19, 2020.
But that leaves ten and a half months of 2020. I guess those don't count?

"How do I know if I was affected?"
Oh, believe me, I know.

_________

I felt like rewarding myself after doing my taxes, e
ven though I had to pay in a little ($24––because unemployment doesn't withhold enough tax when they give it to you.
(My coworkers and I all got unemployment when Covid & uprisings closed the thrift store.)

I've been wanting a new duvet cover ever since I spilled a full glass of wine on my white one this winter. I didn't want to face crowds at IKEA, where I usually would go to buy one, so I looked online.
I was going to get some tasteful Marimekko-y one, when I saw this--
Baymax "
your personal healthcare companion", from Big Hero 6.

Baymax is like a Moomin + Totoro + Lassie guardian–– just who you'd want to watch over you should you happen to have been affected by a natural disaster since February 19, 2020.

The cover was ridiculously expensive.
I ordered it.

 
Baymax asks, "Are you satisfied with your care?" 

4 comments:

  1. That's perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baymax is cute, I watched that movie just a couple of days ago, but I wouldn't want him as a quilt cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As if going to bed isn't great enough! I LOVE what you have purchased to make bedtime even more joyful. What a good idea and a good thing, spilling wine...The universe just loves to play jokes, especially good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BINK: Isn't it? Thanks.

    RIVER: Luckily, having one is not compulsory. ;)

    LINDA SUE: LOL, going to bed is SO great!!!

    ReplyDelete