Saturday, January 23, 2021

Lighten Up: Books, Side-by-Side, and Pink & Green

Ass't Man has chilled out, which makes work lighter.
Yesterday he asked me to post a set of Noritake Carnation china online. I don't know that Noritake is much of a draw--we get a ton of it--but I'm happy to accept a photo challenge.

I matched it with pink & green books:

Then I set the books up as the new display. Spring is far away here in the northland, but the days are longer: it's time to LIGHTEN UP!


Now I have a respirator, I feel safer at work (if nothing else, the soft rubber seals to my face, not like air-gappy cloth). I worked a whole shift yesterday, after many weeks of working halves.

Set up a few side-by-sides:


Pencil Head!
 
Going back home today after work--the City has finished installing the new windows. 
Having loved staying in an Airbnb in my old neighborhood, I'm applying for an apartment in that area.
It's affordable because it's just one room, but it big, & BRIGHT --with new double-glazed (quiet!), south-facing windows––in a beautiful old brownstone built in 1901.

We shall see...

3 comments:

  1. Your gift for putting appealing things together is inspiring. I love what you have done. They are so lucky to have you there.
    Looking forward to your new apartment, sounds perfect in every way. Excited. I would love to help you move and i can say that because i am a million miles away. Moving is not great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink and green makes a nice display. Noritake was popular here as wedding gift china or stoneware back in the 70s a friend requested and received two matching dinner sets in black stoneware. She still has them.
    A one room apartment? Just ONE room? Double glazed windows are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pink & green theme! I even like that Noritake. It's nice china -- I hope someone buys it.

    ReplyDelete