Saturday, October 3, 2020

The mountains are calling...

Marzipan left for the goat farm in New Mexico yesterday. She and her traveling companions, Spike and Tunu (the pink one), decided to drive through Colorado--longer, but more scenic than going through the panhandle of Texas. Mountains!


Besides my excitement for Marz, I felt flattened yesterday after she drove away. I retired to the couch.

I feel better today. I'll miss her terribly, but I'm thrilled for Marz and her new adventure.
My heart lifts up.

I do wish I could have joined Marz for the road trip––and then come back home. But I don't drive, and with Covid, I don't want to take long-distance public transportation. 

(Or even short distance. When I took the city bus last month, one passenger took off his mask to talk on his phone. What he said into the phone was that he was on his way to the doctor.
I got off early.)

As for WWOOFing myself, no thanks. I don't want to work with plants and animals. (Very much don't want to.)
I'm confident that it's entirely meet and right that Marz head out and I stay here.
I'm in the right place, working with people and books.


Life is an adventure, wherever you are!

Now I have my laptop back, I can write more easily again.
Also--if you've ordered a calendar and haven't gotten it yet, it's because I only mailed half of them last week (or you live in Australia, which takes ages). Apologies--I am getting the rest in the mail today.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

How exciting for Marz, and although it's sad for you now, I know she'll have a great time and you'll adapt. As you said, you know where you need to be. And I'm with you on the public transportation thing, although I would LOVE to take a long drive.

Linda Sue said...

An american who does not drive is rare.
I do not do well with "goodbyes", I just leave without saying anything but "see you later". I am sure that Marz will have a fabulous adventure, she has good company buckled in.
I did send payment through paypal, I hope that you got it. If the sun comes out today I may drive up to the mountain again, though the road is a fright!

Michael Leddy said...

All best wishes to Marz and to the stay-at-homers. I wish you many letters, texts, and FaceTimes back and forth.

River said...

I was so pleased to see Spike and Tutu wearing a seatbelt. I hope Marz has a wonderful time WWoofing.
I'm used to things taking a very long time to arrive. As long as it gets here in time for January 1st.

gz said...

Adventurous times! You'll have good tales to exchange.
We haven't been on a bus since March..I really miss it, and the extra car traffic is increasing pollution. People don't think if their journey is necessary.
Which does nothing towards the elephant in the room

Fresca said...

Thanks, all!

Sarah said...

That is some road trip! How exciting, and now you will get news from somewhere new and different so there is an up side.