Thursday, June 4, 2020

What gives you strength?

Feeling a bit beleaguered this morning--who isn't?!
 I spoke too soon yesterday about things running smoothly. Bit of a dust-up with Ass't Man yesterday at work---just as I was feeling he might be an ally.
[Later he apologized. But this keeps happening--an apology is not an eraser.]

I was thrilled when I went to the superette for milk this morning to see St. Mane's–– my neighborhood maker-of-sports-apparel for schools––is now printing these shirts (they're still making their Covid versions too):

Something that's keeping my spirits up:
Watching Call the Midwife.

In last night's episode (paraphrased:
"Whether you call it faith or confidence doesn't matter---as long as it helps you be brave in the world."
Sometimes I feel a bit vulnerable about showing Penny Cooper or the other girlettes with me in public, but you know what?
They help me be brave in the world.

3 comments:

  1. I think the girlettes need their own "Southside Strong" t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what Steve said! Agree and they need to march confidently . It is certainly something this life at this time could benefit from

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad about Ass't man. Hope the reorganising goes well.
    Hi to the Red Girls xx

    ReplyDelete