Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Diorama Sky

I mentioned that my friend Jeff S had known the painting on the cover of Goodbye to All That

Jeff is an architectural photographer (correct term?). That is, he takes fab photos of buildings. And other things! 
I met him when he worked with bink at the U of I Art & Architecture Library on the Chicago Circle campus--a concrete campus that I used to hate but now think looks like a fabulous Star Trek set... even if you do (did) get dripped on walking under the elevated walkways.

You can see Jeff's photos on his Flickr, Diorama Sky:

I grabbed these two photos that were sitting next to one another, though knowing Jeff, I doubt it was serendipity--I bet he thought carefully about how they would look juxtaposed. 
(Right, Jeff?)


LEFT: "Look Out", An interior detail of OMA/LMN's Seattle Public Library Central Library (2004), Seattle, WA

RIGHT: "Climbers", An exterior detail of the First National Bank Building (1931), Oklahoma City, OK

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, beautifully juxtaposed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!

    Thanks for the VERY GENEROUS shout out, Francesca!

    And thanks, Steve, for the very nice comment!

    Hope to get a few more pics up on Flickr later this week.

    PS: And, yes, I do think (perhaps a bit too much) about the juxtapositions. After all, I want them to play well - and productively - together! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect juxtapositions! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete