Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Thank you, Red Hair Girl

With heavy heart, I must tell you that Red Hair Girl has hit the road. The scamp! 
Red Hair Girl ^ in Texas, 2018
It may seem like Penny Cooper is my favorite Orphan Red, but RHG was the first doll to come to me, and my secret favorite.

Leader of the Pack

Still, she was a rogue! 
I wouldn't be at all surprised if RHG convinced SweePo and Penny Cooper to stay with Mz on Labor Day, so they'd be safe, then she stayed in my backpack which I left on the bus...

I called the bus company, and the bag wasn't turned in, so I'm sure someone picked her up. (The bag was almost empty otherwise.)

I've never left a backpack on a bus my whole life long. 
I'm thinking RHG is like relics of saints in medieval time:
it was believed that if a relic got stolen from a church, it was because the saint wanted to move along!


I wonder if RHG is an agent provocateur, going from place to place with a mission to start colonies of Orphan Reds... 

Certainly a healthy pod has taken hold in my place. 
Two are still at Mz's. When they come back, we will hold a Shinto "Thank You Doll" ceremony for Red Hair Girl on her new travels.

5 comments:

  1. Well, when we start initiating changes, we can never tell how much things will keep changing.
    (Besides, I'm in love with the 2018 Tewas picture. I feel it's faithful to Red Hair Girl's spirit).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Von Voyage, Red Hair Girl! I will miss you but I know you are off on further adventures and will found more colonies in your wake. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I think the correct spelling is "Texas".

    ReplyDelete
  4. TORORO: You are right--Red Hair Girl is traveling on--it's her nature! I love that photo too (...and I knew you meant Texas) :)

    BINK: She was always an adventurous girl--I'm sure she's having a good/interesting time, but I miss her.

    STEVE: You never know!

    ReplyDelete