Friday, August 3, 2018

Self-Recognition

Not much time to write before I leave for work, but I'm liking this, blogging a bit in the mornings, getting some of my baby duck thoughts in a line. 

I'm thinking I am going to rearrange my work days--I am supposed to work 4 hours, five days a week. 
But I NEVER work just 4 paid hours--I always put in an hour or two (or even four) more, unpaid. And then I put in MORE volunteer hours doing ebay. 

I am going to shift my schedule to working four days/week, 5 hours each. 
Then, even if I work 8-hour workdays, I'll have three days off and can get to some of my own stuff I love.

In theory I don't mind working almost full-time for half-time pay, but in reality, I sense resentment starting to flicker around the edges... 
Resentment. My trusty barometer of feeling out of control...
 
Much as I love my job, it's physically and emotionally tiring, lugging books around and laboring to understand coworkers, who don't reciprocate in kind--though they are nice to me:
One guy, for instance, gave me cornmeal mix for battering fish! And Furniture Guy rearranged the furniture to give my books area a couple extra inches!


So that's great, and I feel appreciated and liked at work. But not exactly understood, ya know.

That's fine, but I've gotta cultivate the things that help me recognize myself--like doing stuffed animal repair.

2 comments:

gz said...

going in the right direction..look after yourself x

Frex said...

Thanks, GZ! I feel better even just having come up with the idea (of changing my schedule). XO