Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Guilty Pleasure

Oh, my.
Zhoen introduced me to the British TV show How Clean Is Your House?

I rather object to the very idea of "guilty pleasures" as shaming and silly (oh, please, you like the Twilight series and you're over 30? so what?) but I've been watching episodes on youtube and I do feel guilty because the ladies who host the show do shame the inhabitants of these truly disgusting homes, which I think is more cruel than effective ... hence my guilt,
but the pleasure of seeing them clean up is so scrumptious!

The ladies do give serious cleaning tips too.
A lot of it simply comes down to white vinegar, baking soda, borax, and dish soap. Oh, right––and elbow grease.


3 comments:

Zhoen said...

Don't forget the lemons, always with the lemons. And they all do get chummy at the end, usually.

bink said...

ooh... I watched the link... lovely to find out the diseases one can get from a dirty kitchen floor... hopefully, not mine!

Fresca said...

ZHOEN: Yes, lemon juice is good, but vinegar is cheaper.

BINK: Dramatic, eh?