Monday, March 11, 2024

Half-charged

Today is a tiny sleep/work test.
Marz was over until midnight--I loved seeing her for such a good long talk--and now I will see how it goes if I'm a little bit under-rested at work.

I'd rather spend time with Marz than get enough sleep, but I don't function great without enough rest.
But, I don't know: how much do I need AT THIS AGE?
I've always done best with 8-9 hours, but maybe that's changed?

It's become clear to me, now that I'm gone from the store, that for sure I was sleeping more when I worked there because it was such a stressful environment.
I told Marz that when I was NOT enraged at the pickleball players this weekend--not enraged that people were being frivolous and privileged while I watched people slide off the edge into a crevasse--that that gave me solid proof that the environment had thrown me seriously out of whack.

So perhaps I'll need less sleep?

At any rate, one day won't hurt me--I just don't like operating on less than 'fully charged'.

Have a lovely Monday, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Sleeping more IS a reaction to stress, you are right.
    It will take a while to reset how your body goes along, but you are doing ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleep sleep sleep We need more sleep always! Sleep is as essential as food. I hope that you can take a longgggg winters nap , everything runs more smoothly when you sleep until you can sleep no more! Take good care of YOU! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, GZ & Anon for the supporting words---they are very welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete