Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Mending, and Happy Halloween!

 Julia and I mended and talked for four hours yesterday. We’ve barely seen each other since Covid, and it was so, so nice to catch up a little.
We first met when we were both volunteering at [now closed] Steeple People Thrift Store in 2013. She inspired me to start mending, and I also started rescuing stuffed animals from the store trash--the beginning of SNARP (Stuffed Needy Animal Rescue Program).
She's the person who most shares my thrifting aesthetic, and I've missed physically SEEING her.

It did snow last night, and the roads are icy this morning--the worst  for biking. Though the ice will melt by afternoon, I will play it safe and bus this morning. And it’s windy… Not a happy kick-off to winter biking season.

The girlettes lined up looking out the windows for Halloween, 
illuminated with strings of lights. They are disappointed because last year we sat outside to distribute candy--not this year, and I bet there will be far fewer trick-or-treaters. I'm glad we had an outing on Sunday with bink.


Thanks for suggesting ways to save blog posts!
XML files are text-only, so maybe I'll start with saving a few individual posts as PDFs.
Or maybe I'll just let it be.
Not sure I want to bother if I can't save the whole thing--(I could, but ponderously)--might be better to accept that the blog is temporary, even if it does last another twenty years.

Everything is temporary! as they say in Moonstruck.
Or, as Walter White says, "Every life comes with a death sentence".
(Marz just watched Breaking Bad and showed me the clip where he says this, which I appreciated. She loved the entire show, but the first episode was more than enough for me.)

3 comments:

  1. happy halloween! we will be cold here today so i wonder how many will stop by today.

    what a joy to do mending in person with someone else!!! i have been doing mending such that it has almost become second nature.

    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Batman!, how adorable, did you have to rob an action figure to get that perfect costume? I have put the orphans in a case to send home, they do not like it here so much.
    Spider-Man nearly killed us all today. Guy has issues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LInda Sue! If you’re sending the Orphans home, you could send them here to hang out with the Girlettes till the new year!
      Just a thought, but they’d have a riot together 😄❤️

      Delete