Monday, June 5, 2023

Magnify

I just discovered the magnifying glass feature on photo edit. (What? Was it always there?)

Magnified, below, hanging on my wall is my Compostela--the certificate you get for walking the Camino de Santiago.
It's from 2001, when I walked with bink---ten years later we walked again, this time with Marz (+ blog-friend Eeva for the final 100km to the sea).


Ms Moon commented that she hadn't realized I'd walked the Camino.
I was surprised and pleased because I used to mention it so often I feared I mentioned it too often. Forty-eight posts!
If you're interested, you only need to read THIS ONE:
"I Never Slept with Charlamagne".

Marz showed up at my door this morning wearing a hiking backpack. She's thinking of walking the Camino again, this summer, and was out walking around with a loaded pack to test out her shoes.

Twelve years ago, she walked the Camino in--I kid you not--a pair of old CROCS.
She was twenty, but still.... Everyone else was wearing, like, NASA-grade gear.

I magnified a Croc, here below, for proof.
Marz had fallen down from laughing at bink singing in a Chipmunk tone, not because her shoes had no support.
The path is definitely not always this smooth. Or flat.

4 comments:

  1. magnifier!! What a thing I have yet to discover.
    Your marvelous adventure- adventures, have convinced me to live through you because i ,sure as you are born, would not, at this age, attempt walking the Camino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LINDA SUE: It's a little icon that looks like a magnifying glass if you wanted to disguise the fact that it's a magnifying glass. Click around!

    Are you kidding--YOUR upcoming adventure--5 mos in London--is my dream! I did meet people in their 80s walking Camino, but they must have had excellent knees---even at 50, mine hurt going up and down what we in Minnesota would call mountains (large hills, I suppose).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read that post and boy, was it a good one! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, MS MOON--I reread that post every so often and each time I think, "Yep, I stand by this."

    ReplyDelete