Monday, June 5, 2023

Dragonfly

The icon circled in pink, below--that doesn't look like a magnifying glass until I magnified it--is what I accidentally clicked and discovered it magnifies things:

 I bought this pilgrim shell necklace (magnified) ^ on Camino--later I watercolored it doing a series favorite things.

Just to be clear though, I'm not walking Camino for a third time. If Marz goes again this summer, as I mentioned in an earlier post, she is on her own.
I secretly hope she does go (if she wants to)--and going alone would be more of an adventure--you meet people in a different way when you're a free agent--although I have no regrets that bink and I went together both times.

bink said, "It's not possible to be a bad pilgrim".
It's also not possible to do pilgrimage "wrong"--what happens, happens, though it might be more or less pleasant and comfortable.
Más o menos, as the Spaniards say.
If you're talking distance, it's always m
ás (more) than you think.
If you're talking comfort, it's probably less (menos) than you hope.
But it's all pilgrimage.

BELOW: bink, me, Marz (in Crocs) at Finisterre, Spain, on the Atlantic Ocean

I'm a little bit sick for the third day in a row. Sore throat, not feeling too bad, but listless--I don't want to do anything. (Tested negative for Covid, though it was an old at-home test.)

It would've been good to go to my job today and normalize it after Friday's staff meeting. [blah blah more of the same]
It'll feel a little weird until things smooth over, (by everyone ignoring them).


And so, feeling a little glum about work (only a little, but being sick doesn't help), I was extra pleased to get a text this afternoon from volunteer Art, with a photo of the third light shade he's hung in BOOK's---this one, a Tiffany lamp pattern on a broken umbrella.

Is Art aiming to make the place look like a bordello?
I don't care
, I love that he takes practical steps to improve things.
I wrote right back that I loved it. Dragonflies!

Ass't Man and I had a funny rapprochement after the staff meeting last week. I ran into him by the dumpster and just couldn't stop myself, oh no I couldn't, from indulging in saying something snarky about the situation, knowing he would agree with me.

After we chatted a minute, he practically grabbed me in a hug --
"I'm just so glad you're talking to me again!" he said.

Okay, so I'm talking to him again I guess.

Nothing was resolved, but I tell ya, there's nothing like someone enthusiastically expressing affection for you to undermine your moral judgment/wounded pride/whatever.

Big Boss should try it, but he told me he doesn't see why people need praise.
No praises, no raises---great workplace policy. 

I have written this a thousand times:
I just keep my head down as much as I can and look to the books & toys.
Books & toys!
What could be better?

I'll go to work tomorrow no matter how I feel, even if just for an hour, just so it doesn't seem I'm boycotting the place.
My voice sounds creaky, I hope it will tomrrow so I can go around and talk to everyone.
"See, I love youse guys so much, I have dragged myself from my sick bed to infect you!"

No, I'll wear a mask.
I mostly do at work because I am sensitive to the dust. I am sensitive to the dusty books and clothes because I am an animal that has lungs.
All the others are sensitive too, but they don't do or say anything about it.
I only started wearing one after Covid--wish I'd worn one all along.

That's my chit chat for the day. Stay well!

2 comments:

gz said...

One of my acquaintances, Val Grainger, is just back in Cornwall after walking the Camino again...I think you will find her at "two wonky knees"

Frex said...

Oh, thanks, GZ. Wow, walking with bad knees is brave--I found her blog
https://twowonkyknees.weebly.com
I relate to this:
"No idea what I’m doing tomorrow!
For now it’s pain killers and tea!"
Will read more.

--Fresca (signed in as Frex & I am too lazy to change)