Friday, December 16, 2022

Snowy evening.

 Waiting at the bus stop after work.


Work was good. Santa comes tomorrow, and jolliness was all around as we got the store ready. Kids twelve and under get to pick a toy from a table full of NEW (in box) donated toys. Donations come from several private ($$$) Catholic schools. The toys are expensive and desirable, plastic and predictable:
Barbies who look like sex workers, and Nerf guns that look like automatic weapons.

Cynically (but realistically), I said that I will see these toys in the spring, when they're donated back, dirty and broken.

I'm happy for the kids in the neighborhood. They'll be thrilled! Normally they get $2 grab-bags of old toys I put together.

I’ve been setting aside like-new books over the past month, so kids can choose a book too. There are some very nice ones, but I expect most of them will still be there when I go back to work on Monday. Not my problem—they’re there if anyone wants them. 

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have gobs of good hair- you are built for that climate! Beautiful photo, I love it!
    Correct about the toys being yesterday news in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good effort..and if it means that some families will feel better, that's worth doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right- we do our job and the rest is up to the world.
    That looks way too cold to me. You people up north are tough.

    ReplyDelete