Friday, December 16, 2022

Snow Bridge

I woke to a snowfall perfect for a girlette scene inspired by Hiroshige's woodblock print Taiko (Drum) Bridge (Japan, 1857).


Hazard of filming in heavy snow:
clumps of snow falling off the trees and hitting the doll umbrella hats (or falling down your neck!).

Another one, under the evergreens...



I'd recently posted Hiroshige's snowy-day print, and I'm glad I had it in mind. These "little" set ups always take a lot longer than they look, but it was doable on this morning I have to go to work.
I want to do
and Bruegel's Hunters in Snow, but that's going to take a lot more prep.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Perfect winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So perfect. I love their dresses so clothing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lucinda, Michael, and Ms Moon.
    I only have a small scrap of this fabric, saved for a long time---perfect for kimonos for today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are San Francisco sharp!How you got the girlettes organized so beautifully before work is amazing- and such a fine job to! Genuinely gorgeous!!
    Mine have just barely managed to chop one head off, they are still in the throes of that particular thrill.
    I do love the half lantern umbrellas, so cool and by cool I mean awesomeness but also - cool as in snow.

    ReplyDelete