Tuesday, December 20, 2022

I have a ways to go before I enter the Bake Off...

 WHY did I think I could learn cake decorating in one evening after work--and with insufficient equipment. Halfway through the $3.99 hand-mixer I'd brought from the thrift store conked out, and I don't even own a spatula.
At 11 PM last night, I was frosting the cake... with too-funny frosting...  (no more powdered sugar to firm it up.)


BUT... it should taste fantastic, for all the eggs and butter in it!
And at least I have a cool mid-century, rose-gold, spun-aluminum cake carrier.
These sell for $25 and up online--I pulled mine out of the store's metal recycling. Its a bit dinged. Doesn't matter.

It's almost zero outside, and Ass't Man is picking me up with my cake. It's a birthday cake for Big Boss but also for today's holiday pot luck.
Gotta go!

3 comments:

  1. the cake is lovely!

    i have one of those cake carriers that i picked up simply because it's a great way to take a cake.


    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good...and you reminded me of one of the sayings of Pirate's late sister that he quotes..
    "It should be a good cake..it's got six eggs in it" !!!

    ReplyDelete