Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Cards

I posted two girlette Christmas cards from former years on IG--you may have already seen (or received) them, but here they are again.

Above: Skating on Lake Hiawatha, 2019. Inspired by The Skating Minister (see, at the Nat'l Gallery of Scotland). I was new at toy photography, but this is one of my favorite girlette pictures.
It's one of the few where I relied on photo editing. The ice was too thin to hold a human, so to prop her up, I put Minnie Sutherland on a doll stand, which I positioned on the lake with a stick. Later I blurred out the base on the computer.


Above
: Santa going to work--at the Hiawatha rail yard, 2020. I don't think I edited this at all on the computer--the light of the gray day was perfect.

I took these photos while I was renting from HouseMate (2019-2022).
I love living alone now, but I do miss that old neighborhood---lots of small, working class bungalows by the grain elevators and trains, a mile from the Mississippi River. There just weren't apartments over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment