Sunday, October 30, 2022

The Lurid Jumble

Tear it up, kids, and I'll record it.
I started snapping photos of the toy mess at work out of angry amazement. But with this photo from yesterday––
isn't it fantastic? could be a painting–– I'm eager for the agents of creative destruction to do it again.


I love assembling toy grab bags (below). Two bucks each.


The contents are mostly random, but I have some method.
Every bag gets a dinosaur, if I have them. (None here, I think.)
I mix toys for different ages and sexes. I share the more desirable toys between the bags––and make sure some eyes are looking out, to catch yours.

I don't clean these little toys. (The toy lady before me used to take boxes of toys home and run them through her dishwasher.) If they're filthy, I throw them out.
If one is a little bit broken, but safe (an action figure missing an arm, say), and is a really cool toy, I might put it in anyway. If I do, I make sure that bag has a pristine toy too.

The bags sell well, and occasionally people say they like them. No complaints, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. well for two bucks who could complain? Two dollars won't even buy a cuppa joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?

    And after all, "We are the ghetto mall," as Mr Furniture says.
    I've never heard anyone complain that the stuff we sell isn't clean. (It's not.)

    ReplyDelete