Saturday, May 28, 2022

Tip o' the Hat to BOOK's

 (Still haven't got a laptop.)

I made some improvements in BOOK's recently, including setting up a New Arrivals cart. 

To start with, I just wanted to dump a bunch of unsorted books out front because I was swamped in back, but people have told me they like it--and I like the jumble too. 

A serendipitous side-by-side:


ABOVE LEFT: an issue on denim from the textile art magazine Selvedge; right, "A Soldier Priest Talks to Youth"
Everyone likes a fancy hat.

More "Salvation" below-- one of a series of embossed covers from...I think from the Jehovah's Witnesses.
I'm proud of the book-holders: a handy coworker made lips by bending up the ends of metal bookends for me.

More New Arrivals below.  Hm... Maybe my new Android phone camera doesn't catch book titles as well? I can't quite tell, posting on the phone-- I am inspired to go to the Apple store today and just cough up the big bucks for a new laptop.

Also, I am slowly making new signs. Art Sparker generously designed signs for me four years ago-- time for a new look. 
Below, one for the Minnesota books section-- I cut up a state tourism pamphlet from 1970.

1 comment:

  1. The jumbles are so much fun. It's so serendipitous how the titles end up next to each other. That's what I have always loved about roaming book aisles whether it is in a bookstore or a library -- what books you come across that you might never have found using computerized search.

    My library in NH had a feature where you get see books next to the title of the one you were looking at which was so nice.

    Ugh, computers! You either love them or hate them.

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete