Saturday, June 19, 2021

Everything At Once

On the ten-year anniversary of walking into Santiago, Spain, I'm remembering the beauty and kindesses of Camino. . .
[River had wondered: here's the link to all my posts on Camino]

I always say it was long and boring and painful, and it was. (Blisters are open wounds!)
It was FUN too.
Here's a 20-second video of Marz and me doing the goofy "King of Glory" dance (from Stephen Colbert) in front of the cathedral on June 18, 2011, filmed by bink:
gugeo.blogspot.com/2015/10/blog-post.html

At the same time I'm aware I'm living in a kind of ongoing civil war, one that simmers, cools, heats up, explodes...

Currently, it's heated up.

Photo from yesterday--billboard at the corner of 38th & Cedar, one block from the indie gym I go to, and a mile from where I live:
"We're in a 400-year long war with no end in sight"

Here's the thing with life: it's EVERYTHING, ALL THE TIME.

1 comment:

River said...

Loved seeing you and Marz dance. I'll check out the other links as soon as I'm properly awake.