Sunday, March 21, 2021

The Lime Picnic Blanket

I've long admired and wanted one of the lustrous tea towels handwoven by Joanne of Cup on the Bus (she has a tab & sidebar: Towels for Sale).

Finally I ordered one (I haven't gotten my stimulus check yet, but I feel like I have), and it arrived last week.
It's beautiful. It's even lustrous to the hand.

"A picnic blanket!" the Orphan Reds cried out, and lobbied for an inaugural picnic at the lake yesterday, spring equinox, though the wind off the lake was icy.

What do girlettes have for a picnic?
They have perfectly excellent picnic ware with healthy food choices from Linda Sue, but no, they insisted on handmade rainbow marshmallows. I ordered four packets of them from Sjolind's Chocolate House in Wisconsin (created by one of my oldest friends, Tracy).

I am stimulus spending!
And why not?

I'd chosen the lime-colored tea towel from Joanne, to go with the girlettes' red hair.
They would only eat the lime marshmallow. "It's healthy for us."

The March wind kept blowing them over. bink helped them stay upright:

ABOVE, L to R: Penny Cooper, Eeble, Low, and FrankColumbo (and bink)

 Eventually between the wind and ALL THE SUGAR, they had to lie down, so we wandered over to sit or lie at the creek for the rest of the afternoon.

You see the tall doll with dark hair (in red sweater) is still here.
She just appeared, you know, and no one quite knows who she is. A visiting cousin, it is thought.
When there's an outing, often the girlettes say, "Let her come too." So I think she may be staying a while.

(Oh! Now the girlettes are on Joanne's "Where the Towels Live" page too!)
_______________________________

Here I am on my fourth post this Sunday, and I forgot to say THE BEST THING:
bink got the Covid vaccine today, and I get mine Thursday!!!

The exec. director of my work found a place where all the workers and volunteers who want the shot can go together this week.
WHAT a relief...

All the people I'm close to have gotten their shot, I think. My auntie, bink & Maura, Marz (essential worker), HouseMate, several other friends (and a few coworkers),
sister & her wife, and several blog-friends too...
It's happening!

We're sure not out of the woods yet, and won't be until more of the entire world is vaccinated, but it's something.
By May, I can wear a mask at work instead of the honkin' respirator.

(Actually, I'm a little fond of the respirator. It gets humid under there, but, weirdly, I like that I can't be expected to talk much, and I like that it's not easy for me to eat the junky, donated, day-old bakery goods at work either.)

6 comments:

  1. Those are some stylin’ towels/blankets. Fun to see the girlettes on the towels page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MICHAEL: They are truly beautiful towels.
    Thanks for alerting me to the girlettes on the "Where the Towels Live" page--I hadn't looked there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of Joannes towels ! I buy them for others but then I keep them- you know why.
    A picnic, BRRrrrr, those girls are hearty. Their lunch of healthy for us food is just right. Every girlettes'
    dream lunch. A step up from plastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girlettes are great fun and a pleasure to have on the towel page. Thank you for finding a picnic blanket for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the Girlettes on Joanne's page, love the idea of a picnic. And of course Tall Girl comes too, she's family now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun and chilly day out!

    ReplyDelete