Sunday, March 21, 2021

Names of the people killed in Atlanta ("Let us work and pray for a more just world.")


 New York Times, "What We Know About the Victims in the Atlanta Shootings"

 I just posted this on my social media, saying "There is no emoji for this, the pain in my jaw from grief and rage."
And on my workplace's social media, saying, "
Let us work and pray for a more just world".

There are no media guidelines for my workplace, so I take my cue from the society's mission statement, which says--as I keep repeating--that we are
"a network of friends... working to build a more just world."

The society
serves everyone, with no care for religion, but it is itself specifically Christian, so saying "let us pray" is appropriate.

Big Boss said recently he was a little uncertain about my "political" posts.
I'm not sure why. They're ridiculously mild.
If we actually lived up to the mission--to be
“A network of friends, inspired by Gospel values, growing in holiness and building a more just world through personal relationships with and service to people in need”,
we'd say and do A LOT MORE.

I pointed out that the posts always got a lot of likes, and I never post my own opinion, just things that are in keeping with our mission.
He seemed okay with that.

He even liked the post of the barbed-wire around the government center I put on the store's IG the other day with the message I keep repeating:
"Let us work and pray for a more just world."

No comments:

Post a Comment