Tuesday, December 29, 2020

"The arrangement is delicate even under duress"

I just saw the snowplow going down the street this morning---this is a low-traffic street, so it's low priority and it hasn't been plowed since it snowed a couple days ago.
And this afternoon, more snow is due...

Biking in new snow is heavy work.
I'm proud of myself, arriving at work on my bike, but I'm a bit sore this morning, so I'm going to take the bus to work.
A bus serves the nearby high school, and since the students are distance-learning, I've been the only rider for most of the trip the couple times I've taken it.
It'll be a bit of a treat, taking public transportation, weird to say.

I'm in a pretty good mood lately, in general, thank goodness.
I'm trying to think of ways to make work better for me (and the people around me)--how to practive better self-care?

It helps if I go in prepared, instead of dashing off last minute.
I've taken my tinctures--CBD oil, an immune booster mix, and elderberry syrup, and I'm eating leftover beef this morning. I don't like to eat this early, but going to work without breakfast puts me in a bad mood by late morning.

Blogging before work helps me feel more like myself. I'm trying to avoid customers, and I think that's part of my unhappiness--I'm not mirrored by book people at work.

One of my only book-reading coworkers sent me this text before Christmas. I love it so much:


I had set up red & green books last week --no theme except color:
I took them down yesterday and left without setting up a display.
I'm going to put Cool Old Books on display, since their front covers are often a treat. You can't judge them by their spines.

Meanwhile, Penny Cooper suggests holding onto a talisman of who you are. I shall take a paperclip!

4 comments:

  1. Once again I am amazed at the size of those dolls. I'm estimating Penny Cooper is 2 and 1/2 paper clips tall. And when I look at that in my hand and I think of all the fantastic art and photographs you have produced with those tiny girls, I am truly amazed. Some of the photos were fun to look at but when taken into consideration the size, it truly becomes a work of genus.

    :)
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Penny Cooper it taller than that--she and the others are 7.5" tall!
    They are happy to hear your words of appreciation, for sure!
    THANKS
    Frex = Fresca

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do have a small new and used bookstore here which occasionally gets in some interesting books but nowhere near what I used to see in the DC area. The selection there was fantastic especially of history and political books. And the used book sales by the local public libraries were always so fun.

    Great display of just in color books - sometimes that's all we need!

    Kirsten

    ps lucky you with snow! We keep getting promises we will have snow but nada! Just rain/freezing rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "..going to work without breakfast..." I am aghast. I have never in my life skipped breakfast. 90% of the time it is hot cooked porridge, with an occasional foray into scrambled eggs on toast or pancakes.

    My older daughter used to wear paper clips in her ears, she had pierced ears and used different colours of paper clips as earrings for about a year when she was in highschool.

    ReplyDelete