Sunday, November 1, 2020

Penny Cooper's Halloween

My personal battery has not been holding a charge and keeps running low.  So I didn't do anything special for Halloween yesterday, even though I worked––in the past, a good reason to dress up and be festive.

Penny Cooper's battery, however, remains on Full. She has been eagerly awaiting Halloween, and she celebrated all day.

First, she arranged a Halloween breakfast picnic with her favorite food--a croissant, which she shared with me.
bink was given a cinnamon walnut roll.
It was cold, so Penny Cooper wore her blue coat.


BELOW: Then Penny Cooper came to work with me.
Here she is straightening the children's books. She was very pleased with her costume, which she made herself: an orange hairband worn as a belt.

BELOW: "This doll won't be activated until you put a plant in her."

BELOW: On the way home, Penny Cooper stopped in a neighbor's yard to wrangle a tarantula. I say "wrangle" because it sounds good with "tarantula", but in truth, she was making friends.

HouseMate had carved a jack-o-lantern and bought candy to set out on the stoop. There weren't many trick-o-treaters.
The Girlettes were given doll-sized Tootsie-Roll pops. 

BELOW, L to R, starting in back row:
Low, Penny Cooper, Pearl Duquette (red dress), and SweePo (in pink)--still smudged with dirt from digging up Frederic the Potato. They don't want to wash it off!

3 comments:

  1. What a busy day for Penny Cooper! Starting with a croissant, ending with candy, and with an excellent work-life balance throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day Penny had. I sometimes wish for a croissant, but the local supermarkets sell them in packs of four and that's too many for my waistline. My missing in action waistline!
    I've been featuring my Meg on my Sunday posts for the last couple of weeks, drop over and have a look?

    ReplyDelete