Monday, October 5, 2020

Wild Donkeys Sing a Smiling Song

Look where the Marzipan is! She just texted me this photo of WILD DONKEYS she saw on the way to the goat farm yesterday evening. She says it's great there.

I am so happy and relieved Marz has landed in a good place. It looked good. It sounded good. But until you're on the ground, you just can't know.

I am the donkey in the back singing a song of joy!
We are singing a donkey version of Justin Bieber's "U Smile" (2010--the song starts at 1:10).
I truly love this song: it's perfect bluesy bubble-gum. Also, Marz had a singing toothbrush that played it.

And aren't these colors  ^  gorgeous?!!
They would make a wonderful color scheme for a wool hat. 

Dark velvet brown, dusty grays, hardscrabble greens, ochre (is that juniper?), and a touch of pinky-orange from the setting sun

This looks a bit like Sicily, come to think of it--the land of my father's ancestors. 

Hm. Donkeys and horses are not indigenous to the Americas, you know. I looked it up:
Many donkeys came to the American West during the Gold Rush, and to work in mines (poor donkeys)--including Sicilian donkeys!
So maybe these are relatives...


OMG, I just found this: "U Smile" slowed down 800 percent. It's pretty great.
"Sonic cathedrals"

Short EW interview with the young man who made this, Nick Pittsinger:

"This Justin Bieber song...has a nice melody....
I was pretty sure it would yield a decent [result]. The result was amazing, totally unlike anything I’ve ever heard — and I listen to a lot of stuff. It’s mind-blowing."
(But 35 minutes of it could drive you crazy.)

3 comments:

Michael Leddy said...

What a beautiful land- and donkeyscape. I hope you can continue to post bulletins from Marz.

The Justin Bieber slowed down (at least the first few minutes) reminded me of Sister Marie Keyrouz. I slowed it down again by half. (Why not?)

bink said...

Beautiful! Those are definitely Sicilian donkeys!

Glad Marz's first impressions are good!

Linda Sue said...

Great photo of the adorable donkeys in a scrumptious land . All is well then, I have never been a Beliebber - I suppose he has talent...