Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Medieval Mayhem

It was medieval-inspired costume-making day yesterday at bink's.

 I made headdresses out of ladies' vintage gloves from the thrift store. The soft leather was a dream to work with. In process:

Inspired by this medieval illumination:

 
Sister made a gown inspired by writer Christine de Pisan (b. 1364):

And bink's girlette wanted to be Pestilence!

She turned out really scary (but they're just playing...):
 

Run away! Run away!

 
They all escaped and are just fine! (And that's a bag of bakery treats.)

My sister (in red) and I always have fun together on Doll Costume Day, with bink:


5 comments:

  1. Mmm, bakery treats :)
    I love all the costumes, I would never have thought to use old gloves. I really like the picture where they are sitting in autumn leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me happy! All brilliant, and a great way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even Pestilence had lots of fun, without really spreading germs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How in the world did I ever miss this magnificent post??? The costumes are amazing, love the gloves, and the perfect photo timing of leaves falling. Utterly cool these shots! Well done sewers of things!! BEAUTY!

    ReplyDelete