Thursday, May 28, 2020

Where are the peacemakers?


OH NO!!!
Big Boss just sent photos of the store---it's broken! 

BB said exactly what I'd posted last night: 
"Hurt people hurt people."

I blame the
police and the leaders in power in my city:
I know this is a fantasy, but they IMMEDIATELY should/could have (and still should!) set up Listening Sessions to meet with the protestors. 


The protestors have every legitimate right to be angry and frightened and to seek justice, after four police participated in the killing of George Floyd.

We would not have looting and fires--which I can smell this morning––if the legitimate demands for justice had not been met with force and distance--riot gear and tear gas.

And why haven't the perpetrators been arrested? For god's sake, after that video, what proof do you need?
 
This is what I posted on the store's FB:

3 comments:

  1. You're right. The anger is understandable. I'm sorry the store got hit, though. Hopefully the overall damage won't be too severe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so sad to see this, Fresca.

    ReplyDelete