Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Bookplate: "Because it is my friend!"

Another bookplate from a book donated to the thrift store.

"I promise to: Keep from rolling up page corners"

Rolling up page corners? Is that a thing?


I confess, I have a habit of running page corners under my fingernails as I'm reading. 
Still, I am kind to each "book as though it had a soul... BECAUSE IT IS MY FRIEND"


The old bookplates I see at work aren't always this cool.
But again, after two months away, I see some things at my work as more wonderful.
Why don't I photograph more bookplates? All of them!

Here, I didn't match the color quite right (one of these days I'm going to get photoshop or gimp so I can clone), but I covered old handwriting to make the fresh name & address lines.

Some other bookplates

5 comments:

  1. I love Gimp. I don't use Windows I use Ubuntu. You can Google it if you wish. Gimp comes free. I mainly use it to crop and resize my pics. But sometimes I need to write on the picture for technical reasons.
    I love Gimp now that I know just a tiny bit about using it.
    Love your blog BTW, I read you most every morning.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ DAVIS: Thanks for the encouragement re Gimp. I really should download it...
    Thanks for the encouragement re my blog too: nice to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can change color (among other things) in the Mac Preview app. The free app Seashore is also really good. (As is Gimp, of course. Seashore is simpler.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MICHAEL: Yep, that's how I do it--the Mac Preview--I just can't get it exactly right. (Lack of patience, probably...)

    I will look into Seashore, which I have never heard of. Simpler than Gimp sounds better---when I looked at Gimp I was a bit daunted.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bookplates. Do people even use bookplates anymore? I never see them.

    ReplyDelete