Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Hutchette, and the Limits of My Nimbleness

Two blondie girlettes have arrived.
I got them because they remind me of my Finnish friend, a fan of Hutch (of Starsky and,), plus they also look like baby Hutches. 
Also because one has dog-bite marks on her foot and a chunk of hair missing, and I like those signs of life. (Also, being damaged, they cost a lot less. The blondies usually cost more, but these were two for $12.)

They were made as part of the Madeline dollworld, but I wasn't sure if the Orphan Reds here would accept them, or vice versa, since these girlettes are not Madelines (so they tell me).

The hand of friendship was offered and accepted. (Mir the Cosmonaut is the envoy here.)

One haircut and a jeans dress later, we have Hutchette.

Penny Cooper admires her pearly snap.

The other blondie is considering if she'd like a makeover, or what.

I discovered on Instagram that #madelinedolls have a fanbase in South Korea, where they get to wear tiny handmade sweaters--these by instagram.com/cookiememory

Do you ever feel pain when you see something you wish you'd done?
Pangs of envy, I guess. 
The thing is, I wouldn't be able to knit (or crochet) such tiny patterns. My fingers have never been nimble, and now I have a touch of arthritis, which handling books all day doesn't help.

If I could, would I?
Probably not--it's not really my personality. 

Best to go with what I do naturally. 

Like, I didn't write fiction in November as I'd intended. (I did start writing a Penny Cooper ghost story, but it quickly fizzled out.) 

"My brain is not nimble enough for fiction," I sighed like Eeyore.

Better to stick with my skills as a documentarian.
"Tree Decorating Day" is not fiction; it really happened––I was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment