Monday, November 18, 2019

Hard to Love

Hm, hm, hm... It's hard to explain about annoying people--I worry that my post yesterday read as if I were picking on my pathetic coworker. I count on the reader (you!) having also experienced being "talked at"...
The thing is, people who talk AT you almost never listen TO you.

My pathetic coworker has never asked me a single thing, but I know all about his childhood, his health, even what he pays for rent and that his landlord is a train buff!

That's why I mentioned that he really lost my sympathy when he said he didn't know where his grown kids are---
I can imagine what a lousy father he probably was.

I don't doubt he's had a hard time and needs love and friendship.
It's all I can do to be pleasant to this guy, instead of telling him to go bug someone else.

It's a hard fact (in my experience, anyway) that the people who need love the most are often the hardest to love. 

And naturally the people who are easiest to love tend to be bathing in the stuff.

I was dragging with a cold all last week, plus dealing with HouseMate being in the hospital (not that I had to do much but stay in touch and feed the dog, but it has an emotional weight, of course. She is supposed to come home today or tomorrow...
She had (has) one WICKED infection!


So... hopefully this week I'll  be more energetic. I'm off in a few minutes to a fresh week at work. 
Have a good one yourselves, whatever you're up to!

1 comment:

Steve Reed said...

Conversation is a two-way street. A lot of people forget (or never understood) that!