Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Minnie's Owl

This morning bink & Maura left for Greece, home of bink's childhood heroes, including The Owl, sacred bird of Athena, or, in the Roman pantheon, Minerva.
Minnie's Owl!


bink drew a series of comics about her childhood heroes. This is from the one about the owl.

I didn't sleep very well last night, sharing the couch with Astro, which he insisted was wide enough for us to sleep side by side. 

The difference between a terrier (Astro) and a lab mix (Prince) is huge. In the month I've been walking him, I've taught Prince not to pull on the leash when he sees a squirrel. Astro doesn't care about squirrels, luckily, but if he did, I'm sure I'd be powerless to change his behavior.
Still, Astro is one of my favorite characters.
 
Tonight I get the bed and will insist he sleep in his basket, which he's supposed to do.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a dog! They are always talking you into something.

    My dog likes to sleep on the floor between the bed and the door so you have to make sure not to step on him at 3 am when one is most sleep-deprived.

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine trying to teach Olga not to pull toward squirrels. In fact I probably encourage it -- sometimes I run with her to try to catch them! (I slow her down, I'm sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy October, and happy Astro sitting! I just have a smallish cat to deal with. She mainly enjoys cuddling up after having been out in the rain...But she is very soft.

    ReplyDelete