Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Go!

This was truly helpful: 
not a single person online or in person said to me, "You should stay in your low-paying, boring yet stressful cashier job."

Also, this morning Penny Cooper pointed out that I've hardly played with her and the other dolls lately.
"You have not made me a pair of glasses like you promised," she said. "Now I cannot see."

Well! Then I had to give my two-weeks notice from cashiering. 
I lied and told my three managers that I've gotten freelance editing work, so I will return to only book wrangling 20 hours a week. 
I didn't want my decision to appear to be about store management. That would be pointless. I am the square peg, the hole is not changing shape.

(Even though the editing work was a lie, maybe I will look for some. I miss using my written-word brain.)

I left work happy, thinking I'd have a celebratory glass of box wine on the porch... 
Whyever are the girlettes on a tilt?


I'm off work tomorrow. 
Glasses for Penny Cooper, coming up.

7 comments:

The Crow said...

Would the black box they are tilting toward have anything to do with it?

Fresca said...

CROW: But... but, do you think they could operate the spout???
I thought it was safe, that they were too small!
However, their tilt is pronounced...

deanna said...

I say, boring yet stressful is not worth it. Using my writerly skills again lately is quite nice (though it's always the most difficult job, as well as the most rewarding). May all the reds sleep well and feel okay tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed go! And now that you put it out in the universe that you would consider editing, you might be surprised what happens! I'm a big believer in the universe hearing us!

Time, space, and thoughts are also being freed up for the girlettes and SNARP.

Kirsten

Fresca said...

DEANNA: I agree, writing is the most difficult and rewarding job. My writing brain is pretty dozy right now---would like to wake it up.

KIRSTEN: I think I would enjoy doing some editing! Like you, I've noticed that when we open up to things/put them out there, we often get some sort of response.
I think the cognitive bias is called something like the Attention Bias--when we start to pay attention, we see opportunities we hadn't noticed before.
Neat-o!

Fresca said...

P.S. YAY for time for SNARP too!!! Several bears are in the wings...

Steve Reed said...

Oh, good! I'm glad you made a decision that is going to lead to more happiness in your life. (And glasses for Penny, of course!)