Thursday, October 17, 2019

House. Plants.

Housemate is out of town for two days. Today is my regular day off, and I'm taking an extra day off work tomorrow to resettle into the place. 
That includes cleaning––satisfying in its way but I wouldn't choose to do it if it didn't need doing––and more fun tasks that I would do by choice, such as repotting plants out of plastic into ceramic pots--
here, the two little barrel cacti up top, and the Christmas cactus in front, both in glazed green pots (I put rocks in the bottom for drainage):

I used to have lots of houseplants, until mold infected them and I had to get rid of them all. 
I'll enjoy the ones that live here. 

There isn't enough empty window space to add more... not unless we hang them from the ceiling. Pots in macrame hangers would fit this house well. Like Starsky's!
^ Photo from the blog Property of Starsky & Hutch,  "an inventory of all kinds of interesting items belonging to the two heroes of the television series “Starsky & Hutch” (1975-1979).

I like looking into the material culture of the era I grew up in--the '60s & '70s. I had dug around to find what that swimming poster is--it's from the 1972 Olympics. I blogged about it.
In fact, I see I've blogged about Starsky & Hutch 62 times! And I don't even like the show...

It makes more sense that I put together 28 posts on "Star Trek and Design".

2 comments:

gz said...

Nice to see plants in ceramic rather than plastic. A difficult choice when they get bigger, but still better for them

Steve Reed said...

Ha! I didn't realize you don't even LIKE "Starsky & Hutch"! That's hilarious. I used to pay a lot of attention to television interiors too.