Friday, September 27, 2019

Thrifty Haircut

I skimmed through Life After Money last night--the frugal-living blog I'd been looking to find again––and see that the blogger, Ilona, had recently cut her own hair.

I'd recently asked Mz to cut my hair to save money and bother too.

I used to go to a Cost Cutters near my old apartment--they only charge $15--but there's not one nearby my new place. I'm not too picky about my hair, and it's kind of bouncy, so it usually looks fine even with a bad cut.

She did a good job, though she'd never cut hair before (QED, haircuts are too expensive). She gave me a cut much like the girlettes'! In fact, I had a Pageboy haircut like this when I was a girlette myself.

Here I am at IKEA last night (with SweePo in my phone bag). Now I live near the light-rail, I'm only 15 minutes from the store. I like their cafeteria, so I went with bink yesterday.
(I'm holding a fold-up box, which I didn't end up buying.)

This morning I'm blogging at the bike/coffee shop two blocks from my house, while they fix a flat tire. Nice combo!

I think I'll start coming here in the mornings. 
I love living with a friendly, chatty roommate, but I like to write in the mornings and I'm not getting much done. I could sit in my room or ask her to be quiet, but both seems a little... unfriendly (at least at this stage, as we're getting to know each other). 
Anyway, it'll help me get to know the neighborhood to come here regularly. Another good combo.

And now I'm off to work--so happy to be able to bike again. And it's all-books day today. I do like cashiering, but my love is the BOOK's.

3 comments:

  1. I think your haircut is rather stylish and suits your face perfectly. Marz might have a new career ahead of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the haircut!

    And scary to be only 15 minutes from an IKEA store! The one here is about 45 minutes by car but with annoying traffic both ways so I generally avoid going.

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Crow & Kirsten!

    KIRSTEN: Yes, a little too tempting--I'm going to have to practice ONLY eating in the cafeteria and not wandering through and finding some little thing I never knew I couldn't live without!

    ReplyDelete