Sunday, September 22, 2019

Book's Art That Isn't Scarface

I put up the poster of Scarface in Book's the other day partly to balance out the other images I've put up--all donated.

Every used bookstore has "The Bookworm", right? 1857, by German painter Carl Spitzweg. This copy came in torn and unframed. 
The bio of Mary Shelley is by a local zine artist whose name I can't remember...

Below, on the back wall: "Young Girl Reading" by Fragonard, c. 1769, and a younger yet girl by Jessie Willcox Smith
(Plus more book pairings, on purpose (book covers with top hats), and unintentional--the color matches on the left and right hand sides.

I also put up "The Fairy Tale" v by German artist Walther Firle, 1929.

I love all these, but I wanted to add some less sentimental or expected images. 
Scarface has nothing to do with books (that I know of), but the poster had been around in a tube all summer, and I decided it would do.

2 comments:

  1. I'm confused...do one these photos have the Scarface poster in the pix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry--I will remember to be clearer in the future when referring backward to an older post. (I'm glad you kept reading and you found later.)

    ReplyDelete