Monday, August 19, 2019

Two Weeks

Thanks, everyone, for your encouraging words, in comments and emails! They help.

Two week countdown to September 1.
I'm happy about it, but moving is harrying. I want to make these last couple weeks as pleasant as possible. I bought paper plates, for instance, to cut down on chores, and some nice things to eat.
Peaches!

And I've taken off work all of next week.

The cognitive load of sorting things is heavy, making decisions about little but weighty things.


How many years of IRS returns should I save?
I have them back to 1985.
One article said, save them all.
I shredded them. 

What about the eighteen world geography books I wrote between 2003 and 2014? (White spines, on top of bookshelf.) No point giving them away: Libya ends with Ghaddafi "bringing Libya back into the family of nations"... 

I'll save a couple representative ones––Zimbabwe, my first African country, which won an award. And Finland, written with the help of The Finnish Friend. (Hi, Mortmere!) I made and photographed pulla, cardamom/cinnamon rolls for that book. 
That's a good span.
(Some of this ^ ––the pair of roller blades––belongs to Mz.) 

And the jam jar of my father's ashes?
Low, the doll who likes dirt, is keeping them company on my bookshelf, third shelf, right

Low will come to the lake with me, to place my father's ashes at the Jim-Jim Tree––the flowering crabapple tree where bink and I put some ashes of our friend Jim, when he died of AIDS in 1995.
Since then, I've added ashes of my uncle Gil and my mother.

It's been a harassing summer here, and I've been rushing too much. 
Mz used to call this apartment the Castle of Peace and the Treehouse. Even though some trees got cut down, I want to tap into that. 

If I don't sort through everything, so what? I'm going to take more time to sit and remember the life here.

4 comments:

  1. Having moved twice within the last 4 years, yes, moving is harrying. I had never thought about the paper plates instead of having to still do dishes.

    I generally find my brain is mush during moving. Sorting things is heavy --there is the do I really need this anymore, I'm tired of packing/unpacking/loading/unloading, I just want to do anything but this.

    Enjoy the last days and remember the good times where you have been.

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! *waves back*
    What will become of the lizard (?) on top of the shelf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. KIRSTEN: THanks for the confirmation about moving turning the brain to mush---true for me!

    MORTMERE: bink made Lizard 25 years ago--he is going to a new home now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a pleasure for me to write this testimony about how i got my Genital Herpes cured a month ago. i have been reading so many comments of some people who were cured from various diseases by Dr. Edes, but i never believed them. I was hurt and depressed, I was too curious and wanted to try Dr.Edes, then i contacted him through his email (dredeshome@gmail.com) when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My treatment was a great success, he healed me just as he promised. He sent me his medication and ask me to go for check up after 14 days of taking the medication. i agreed with him and i took his medication and went for check up, to my greatest surprise my result was negative after the treatment, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through Herpes HSV-1 or HSV-2, HIV, HPV, Hepatitis B, Diabetes, Cancer should reach him through his Email dredeshome@gmail.com OR add him on whatsapp +2348151937428.
    visit his website on; www.edesherbalhome.webs.com

    ReplyDelete