Saturday, August 17, 2019

I think it's going to be OK.

Dog sitting at my soon-to-be new home, I took Principessa (Prince) for a walk yesterday. When we came in from the alley, I saw the little Orphan Reds on the picnic table, resting after having cleaned  their new dollhouse.


On our walk, I heard people laughing on the patio of a neighborhood bar; I saw three black guys chatting in a barbershop whose window advertises FADES; someone was mowing the lawn with a push mower; I tried to get keys made at a hardware store four blocks away, but it closes at 6; and two middle-aged women sitting in their yard said hello to me.

I slept fitfully––new noises (but no one yelling), smells, not my bed––and woke this morning to hear children playing outside--something I never heard in my old place. 
Geese were honking overhead too--fall is coming. My favorite season.

The little reds slept in the dollhouse, and I heard them talking and laughing for a long time, but then... silence. 
I guess it's going to be OK here.

4 comments:

  1. You and the Orphan Reds will make it okay. Congratulations on your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice-sounding neighborhood! And the Orphan Reds seem to be at home already.

    The geese have already been showing up here in VA. A flock flew over yesterday and a few of them missed crashing into each other during their jockeying for position in the "V".

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I’ve been vicariously worried about the size of this change. (Probably just projecting the weight of my own stuff.) I’m so pleased to see that it’s turning out to be a good change. Things _are_ going to be okay. Enjoy the new locale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely. Wishing you so much happiness and curiosity in this new home!

    ReplyDelete