Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter Red I: A New Home for a Red

Ode to joy! We have been eastered.

The other evening, my neighbor's niece was visiting downstairs. She is a grown up person, but because her nickname is Maddy, on a whim I asked if she would like one of the Madeline dolls. 
(I'd realized eight (8!) little reds were too many, you know, and I'd put all but the Original Three away, but I'd done nothing much about finding them new homes.)

Would she?

She might.


She came up to meet them, . . . and she did!
And one of them especially liked her too--the one holding an orange bird. I never knew this Red's real name.*


They look like twins, eh? 
Seeing them go off together, I was very happy.

* "The Naming of Dolls is a difficult matter,
It isn’t just one of your holiday games..."


["The Naming of Cats", T. S. Eliot]

No comments: