Wednesday, August 15, 2018

More light!

Oh, happy day! 
This month my home owners/neighbors have been getting the house fixed up a bit--it's 100 years old and there's hardly a straight line in the place––and yesterday my new full-glass door went in. 
(The door leads out to the porch/landing where I'm sitting at my new cafĂ© table, and the outside steps––
I've got 2/3rds of the 2nd floor of a moderate house.)


I loved the door immediately. In the late afternoon light, the room didn't seem much brighter for it . . . but this morning!
It fully illuminates my mess. 
A three-quarter screen door is being made––when that goes in, it will block some light. It's still a million times better than the old door, which was literally rotting in spots.

The biggest difference will come this winter when I don't have to stuff old wool sweaters in the cracks around the door, and kick ice off the door step.

I want to stay home and clean up, but I must go to work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fun of living in old houses. My apartment with a loft bedroom that faces north and east was a barn at one time. I feel your pain about drafts coming in!! For those of us who live in the northern part of the US, light is always important especially in the winter.

Kirsten

Sandy Miller said...

That looks fab!! The sun in Northern climates is so great!!

Frex said...

Yes! Up north, light matters a lot in winter!

The new door inspired me to CLEAR THE CLUTTER of my apt too.

deanna said...

So true that light is a big deal; for me all the time it's true. But I allow my dear hubby to let down outdoor blinds over the windows for summer cooling...still in the fall I'm joyful again to see them go!

I'm happy for your updated door. Sorry I can't keep up with your posts, here or anywhere. You're always doing great stuff with stuff.