Monday, January 16, 2017

Fandom Related Videos

Recommended: Off Book, a PBS web series that explores cutting-edge art, internet culture, and the people that create it--
in videos less than 10 minutes long. 


The three I've seen so far are a lot of fun, but they overemphasize male fans---for instance, there wasn't one single female fanartist interviewed for their Fan Art episode.  
(NOT fun.)
Annoying, if all too predictable, but––weirdly––a plus for me right now because I need some more male voices for my book. Fanfiction-writing and fanvidding (making song vids especially) are primarily female art forms, and they are not only my personal entry point but also a HUGE part of fandom. So, these are useful male voices to balance my quotes.

Here's the link to OFF BOOK videos on youtube

No comments: