Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Cooking, Part I

I'm disgusted with my Minneapolis Police Dept---why aren't they being conciliatory??? 
They shot the son of my downstairs friends-- a sweet, sincere peaceful protester-- with a dye packet as he ran away the other night--he has a big bruise where it hit his side. 
He said it's terrifying to see police point rifles at you--you don't know what the projectiles are...

How dare they shoot at civilians like that?
I bought that kid one of the Harry Potter books when it came out!

And now we have nutters shooting protesters too.

I wish the police would make a big pot of soup for everyone.
I know that sounds ridiculous. But is it?

Anyway, that's what I'm doing: 
making soup--in the wonderful kitchen where I'm house sitting.
Tuscan white bean, garlic, and shallot soup for some Sewing friends tonight.
And roasted Brussels sprouts on the stalk.
And some other stuff--all vegetarian.


This house has every cooking option, and tomorrow I'm making something completely different:
a Starksyesque "Cheeseburger in Paradise"–style Thanksgiving meal for Marz: bacon cheeseburgers on the grill.

No comments: