Wednesday, July 30, 2014

C HUCKINS, I have your pen.

I am becoming a stationery hound, sorting donations at the Thrift Store. This Sheaffer pen and pencil set was among the junk (you wouldn't, maybe, believe what people donate), and I took it home to look up. It's not special like the Lady Capri, just an inexpensive set probably from the 1970s.

What catches me, though, is that they're inscribed (sloppily), yet unused. Were they a gift? A cheap(ish) one?

I googled C HUCKINS + this city and state... 

Nothing. 
So, if that's you, let me know and I'll return your property, though I expect, in fact, that you are either very old or dead and your relatives donated the flotsam and jetsam of your life.
Otherwise, back to the Thrift Store they go where we shall see if we can get two or three dollars for the pair. 

2 comments:

Marz said...

Maybe buying personalized pens but never using them is the 1970s equivalent of creating a blog but never posting on it?

Fresca said...

Hm... That's a thought. Like buying a fresh new box of stationery but never using any.