Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pete Seeger in Paisley

Well, no, I couldn't find a photo of him in paisley, but there are lots of photos of him in floral shirts, like this one by Andrew Sullivan:

“The key to the future of the world is finding the optimistic stories and letting them be known.”
--Pete Seeger, 1994, quoted in his 
New York Times obituary

Also in plaid, as here with Bruce Springsteen:


But this is how I remember him---wearing a blue work shirt on the album I listened to when I was little:


The whole LP is uploaded on youTube. I can still sing along to every song.


R.i.p., Pete Seeger

__________
The 6 Degrees of Separation from Star Trek

In 1968 Leonard Nimoy recorded "If I Had a Hammer" (written by Pete Seeger and Lee Hays in 1949) on Nimoy's album The Way I Feel. It's awful, but you can hear his version of the song here, if you want.

1 comment:

Zhoen said...

Back to Shorpy, here's one when he was two.

http://www.shorpy.com/node/5689

And you can watch Wasn't That a Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KfjvVohAWM