I'm sitting in a coffee shop in the middle of a huge parking lot in the middle of some suburb where the city bus don't shine, (waiting for a friend at the doctor's), and the women next to me are talking about their Pilates class.
This seems a good time to launch into a meme.
I love making (and reading) lists, so I tend to like memes. Recently I came across the "One Hundred Things About Me" meme ( made up the "me, me me meme" title, but that's about it, eh?), which seems like a weird and a bit difficult one... so it attracts me.
I'm just going to jump in and start here. I'll see how far I get before my friend comes to pick me up and go do errands.
1. Once out of childhood, so far I've never had a serious injury or illness.
2. Firmly Held Belief: Martinis consist of gin and vermouth. Vodka is an acceptable substitute. Anything else is a mixed drink, not a martini, no matter what glass you put it in.
3. I often push the automatic- door-opener buttons, designed for handicap access, though I have no handicap. They seem like a magic gift.
4. Houseplants like me.
5. Do you want a rubber tree? A friend gave me one little rubber tree clipping a few years ago, and now I have a rubber plantation and am always trying to give some trees away.
6. My apartment is about 800 square feet. Which is to say, a bit small for rubber trees.
7. So far as I know, I'm not allergic to anything.
8. A few years ago, it occurred to me I could throw out books, the way you throw out newspapers or other printed matter. Until then, I thought throwing out a book made you a Nazi.
Here comes my friend!