Saturday, July 13, 2024

Water is wet.

A new branch of Sebastian Joe's Ice-Cream shop has opened not far from me. I stopped on my bike... Spendy, $8 a cup.

_______________

I sat outside my front door this morning, rather than on the secluded north side. So close to the sidewalk, I get to chat with dog walkers.
I soon came inside though--this rainy summer has been perfect for mosquito proliferation.

Aaaand--right on cue--it's raining again.
Or, in weather speak, "We are currently experiencing a rain weather event."
Parts of the state--and people's basements--are flooding, but neighborhood yard gardens are flourishing.

You can see the building's new color--I notice this color is popular for cars too. I like it.
What the color's name? 
ummmm... Mediterranean Sea Evening.  Salt Box Blue.
*googles*
Okay, then: Salt Box Blue exists, (of course), and it's pretty much it. "Mediterranean Night" is close too.

But how predictable; I'm not thinking Starbucks enough.
Silk Scarves Under the Bed. Smooth Ride to Nowhere.
Childhood Gym Suit. Mundane Monday.

Let's see... *googles blue-gray paint names*
Blue Arrow, Samovar Silver, Good Jeans, Evening Dove.
Okay, but Borrowed Light, and Rising Tide? Don't those sound  ominous?
And, Concrete Pots? Is this attractive? ("Concrete Shoes/Chicago Overcoat")
At least you can guess what that color is.
How 'bout "Instinct"?
______________

I went and heated up my coffee in the microwave, and when I came back, it had rained on yesterday's lino print under the window.
It's okay, it's just another thimble...  Boring, but instructive.
(Maye I could collage them into Daleks!)

TIL (today I learned) the water-based ink is not waterproof. Duh. That's the point.
Circles are hard!
As is thinking backward---the "39" should come from the left-- it's the tail end of "1939", but I wasn't thinking right (left).
It's a little bit frustrating, but THIS IS GOOD FOR ME.
___________________
A couple great sewing packets from the store, Crowley's Lion Brand Sharps, Snap!

I didn't go to the store yesterday after all. Shall I go today for a few hours?
I'd pictured myself helping, which is fun, not leading, which is work. But as I've said, the new BOOK's worker does not have it all under control, so I end up trying to fix things.
I don't have to, though! I can change my attitude:
just do a few things I like.

Yes! Okay. I will go in until noon and just pack up some toys.
Fun!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun!!! A nice blue whatever it is called.
    Spendy ice cream? Good for a treat. Better than gallons of the cheap stuff.
    The weather is Showers...with rain in between. Ho hum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. theme for the day- taking life seriously is futile!
    I really love the color of your building. From here is looks like a typical Pacific Northwest day in autumn.
    LOVE your face!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Don't take it or oneself too seriously...
      There's another paint name--thank you:
      Northwest Autumn Sky

      Delete