Thursday, April 11, 2024

Lemons ahead

^This morning’s walk 

 This morning in the gen-Ed art class I attend with one student, the teacher used the phrase “turn lemons into lemonade”. Some students didn’t know it, and it occurred to me that many students might not know how to make fresh lemonade. 

I asked the teacher if it’d be a good idea to make lemonade with the class—my sped class was going to the grocery store the next hour and I could buy lemons and sugar. He said absolutely, and so that’s on for tomorrow. 

My Montessori life! 😆

6 comments:

  1. My most vivid memory of kindergarten, aside from stealing a Lego (one tiny Lego) and looking at My Weekly Reader: we made butter, with everyone shaking the jar, and then we had buttered Saltines. I think your class will love and remember the lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made butter not in kindergarten but in 1st or 2nd grade. We also made cinnamon flavored applesauce -- put red hots in the the applesauce and then they melt adding the cinnamon flavor. i think we also made apple butter in one year. and agree with michael that the class will love and remember the making. and there was the college class where we made doughnuts in relation to the proper temperature of oil.
    i was just thinking the other day of sayings that we older adults may use and that younger adults may not understand what it means.
    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. A practical language lesson. The best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent idea! That totally gives the saying validity! Girlette approved!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For those who have only had lemon flavor candy, etc, the real lemon taste can be an eye opener. So great project? How is the pencil collection proceeding?

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  6. These comments just made me remember my times making Vietnamese coffee for small classes. Highly caffeinated, and very memorable. Not for kindergartners though!

    ReplyDelete