Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023: My Year in Review

Note: Not representative of the State of the World

BELOW: Self-portrait in convex mirror at the thrift store; perfect martini twist in Decorah, Iowa, (visit w/ sister)


BELOW: workmates Eric, Jesse, me, Em by the dumpster; bullet hole in store window


BELOW: left: bink & hand petroglyph (top) at Tsankawi, New Mexico, and (bottom) at the Santa Fe Museum of Folk Art;
right: Penny Cooper making her mask (top) and (bottom) wearing it at Tsankawi.

BELOW: visiting L &M in Santa Fe; I turn 62 [party photos at end of post]

 
BELOW: left, start of my collage collab (w Em);
 center: April, Marz turns 32; right: "walk among the stars" card by me. 

BELOW: Easter text message exchange, Sister > me;
Penny Cooper & "Just Do It Badly" bunny in annual Sydney Carton Memorial Tumbrel


BELOW: I expanded this small NYPL t-shirt w/ side panels: "What are you reading now?"; right: Bible that has wintered outside at George Floyd Square


BELOW: Summer Solstice Parade.
L to R: Marz, parade balloon attendant; me on ground; and bink making tiny drums.
Penny Cooper is grand marshall.

BELOW: Assumption of Mary (Aug. 15): bink gives girlettes angel leaf wings; more of my collage collab


BELOW: Julia Happify, mending at Penny's Café downtown; right: dino w/ bunny balloon apotropaic


BELOW: New book nook at work; my musical headdress in honor of Douglas Ewart's art opening

FORWARD into 2024:
Every Damn Day, Lighten the Fuck Up, for heaven's sake!

_______________________

R.i.p. Jody Williams, 1956 – 10/17/2023


____________________________

Birthday party, and other places

clockwise, L to R: with... Rebecca (bink behind), Allan; with Jill, Mississippi near flood stage; Nancy (Marcia & Maura in background);
center
, at Maura's 60th birthday party: Per, Anne, Mark, Joe, Mark;
Annette, Carla, Neal, Karen


Previous Year-End Reviews at l'astronave

2 comments:

  1. The Easter exchange with your sister is the best! That’s why I LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BINK: I gotta say, that exchange cracks me up every time. 😄
      Love you too

      Delete