Friday, May 26, 2023

Three Years: Rise & Remember

I took a couple tiny videos [scroll down] as I biked through George Floyd Square after work yesterday, the third anniversary of the Minneapolis police murder of Floyd on May 25, 2020.
I didn't go back for the candlelight vigil that evening because I was busy (reading in bed).
I'll probably wander over on Saturday afternoon for the Rise & Remember gathering.  More info: www.georgefloydglobalmemorial.org


Below: My 5-second bike-seat view of the above ^ roll of names of people murdered by police:



Below: Biking by Floyd's angel painted on the street where he died.
"L O V E"
"STOP THE VIOLENCE"



Marcia Howard is a lead caretaker of GFS---for more info and images, check her Instagram: www.instagram.com

There's a conference this weekend too, and corporate sponsorship from the likes of Best Buy and Blue Cross--because this is America, and that's how we roll.